Disclaimer: many bad quality pictures forthwith...

2001-07

I made this sampler in a quilting class--each block is actually hand-sewn. I guess I thought it wouldn't amount to much and thus decided to use up some rather bright '80s-colored fabrics. I put it away and completely forgot about it for 10 years. When I unearthed it, it didn't seem so bad after all--though still bright!--and decided to finally finish it.
48" x 48", started 2001, finished 2011

Backing with leftover flannel scraps.

~~~
I believe this is similar to a Ducks & Ducklings block--I have no idea why it's called that! But each block had 21 pieces and it got to be kind of mind-numbing. I've always like it but sadly, it's faded quite a bit. I originally finished the top in 2003 and in 2006 I decided to make a comforter cover out of it instead of actually quilting it.
~~~
Mom's quilt. The vintage look of this made me think of her childhood and the pink satin border is from her mother's pillowcase. 2005
~~~
Trees & log cabins. This ended up with my aunt & uncle in Oregon because it reminded me a bit of where they live. 2005?


~~~
Boston Common pattern, a lot of work but worth it. 38" x 54", 2005
~~~
Ugghh, did not work in so many ways. And then I spilled red wine on it not once, but twice!
49" x 49", 2007?

No comments:

Post a Comment